Credit Score Repair Instructions.


This web page will give you an overview of how to repair your credit score. It is a free service.

To get your truly free Credit Report click here. This report does NOT give you your CREDIT SCORE.


After you secure your credit report note the mistakes upon your credit report. You will then need to contact each of the credit reporting agencys. You can request it by phone or in writing. I prefer the written request, as it provides more complete proof of your request. I have proved the most recent information available to request it by phone nevertheless.


Here are their addresses:


P.O. Box 2002

Allen, TX 75013


Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374


TransUnion, LLC

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022


To Order Your Credit Report by Phone

This is not the way I would recommend, as phone calls are easily avoided, not followed up or otherwise “lost” by not being dealt with. I prefer a written request as it requires more document handling than a mere phone call in most organizations. Nevertheless here are the phone numbers.


Equifax 1-800-685-1111 – you can get a free report if you have been denied credit in the last 60 days. Make sure that you order only the credit report. Mail within 48 hours.


TransUnion 1-800-888-4213 – receive within 6 to 8 business days.


Experian 1-888-397-3742 – receive within 8 to 10 business days.


I would suggest writing writing a form letter and send it to each of the credit agencys. You and find a sample letter form here.


Free Credit Reports


You can get a free report once a year from www.annualcreditreport.com. This report does NOT give you your CREDIT SCORE.


If you are turned down for credit, employment, or insurance within the last 60 days. Take the written proof of your turn down and mail it to the credit bureaus, requesting your free report.


If you were charged higher rates and fees or deposits based on a credit report issued by a credit bureau, you have the right to get a free copy from that bureau.


If you certify in writing that either you are unemployed and plan to seek employment in the next 60 days.


If you are on welfare.


If you write to say you were a victim of fraud.

1. After you have secured your credit report note the errors.

2. Prepare the form letter to noting each of the errors you have found. Be sure to state the errors in detail. (The creditor, account number, the amount) This is your “contest” letter. Be sure and set out the negative errors completely.

3. Include the following information as proof of identity; You should provide:

Your Full Legal Name

Your Date of Birth

Social Security Number

Current Mailing Address

Your Previous Address, if less than five years

Copy of Your Driver’s License with Current Address

Copy of Your Social Security Card

Denial of Credit letter if received in last 60 days.

4. Make copies of each of the “contest” letters for your file.

5. Send the original “contest” letters by certified U.S. Mail to each of the credit reporting agencys listed above. You will need to send the “contest” letters to the credit agencys by certified mail in order to offer proof to either the FTC at this address;


Consumer Response Center

Room 130-A

Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.,

Washington, D.C. 20580

or the Alabama Attorney General’s Office at this address:

Consumer Protection Section Contact Information


Office of Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange

Consumer Protection Section

Hotline: 1-800-392-5658

Phone: 334-242-7335

Fax: 334-242-2433

Mailing Address:

Post Office Box 300152

Montgomery, Alabama 36130

Physical Address:

501 Washington Avenue

Montgomery, Alabama 36104


6. Mark the day you have notified each of the credit agencys on your calendar. They are required to provide you with evidence with 30 days of your request that they have corrected the errors.

7. On the day of expiration, if the credit agency has not sent you proof of that the change has been made, send copies of the “contest” letter you sent to the FTC or the Alabama State Attorney General’s Office.